Fall puppies available. Click title to go directly to our litter info or read on for more about us.
We understand the importance of the first critical 8 weeks in a pup’s life and the opportunity we have in those earliest days and weeks to impact a dog for life! By the time the puppy goes home to his forever family, much of that opportunity is already gone. Here’s the work we do with each puppy we raise:
– A daily routine of early neurological stimulation started when they are only 3 days old.
– Emotional conditioning through each phase of their development to condition them to be calm even in stressful situations, especially important before the fear phase sets in (around 5 weeks of age.)
– Lots of holding and one-on-one to build their confidence, sense of security, and attachment to humans.
– Baths, car rides, and ongoing socialization with LOTS of different people, and our other animals, before they leave our home.
– Litter box training in early weeks to teach them to respect their sleep and play areas and learn that there is a special spot to go potty.
– And crate training before they leave to start preparing them to be alone and away from the litter, to help their transition to their new “den” – a crate. Studies show that puppies that are crate trained are more secure as adult dogs.
You can read more about what we do under the “About Us” or the “Doodle Blog” tab. Click the “Read More” button to learn about our 2018 litters.